Pages

27 February 2010

Sports holiday

I'm so tired of looking at all the snow that I thought I'd post some flowers instead.


The girls have had sports holiday from school this week. We've been in Lappeenranta visiting my husbands parents most of the week. There was quite a blizzard when we went there, but after that the weather was pretty nice. A new record was made in Lappeenranta: 85 cold days after one another. The old record 84 days was from the winter 1969-1970.


The girls had a chance to ski and skate and play with their grandparents. We got to see our god-daughter and her family. My husband and I had a chance to go out for dinner just the two of us. We went to a Greek restaurant called Tassos. A glass of sparkling wine, traditional Greek salad and fresh bread, dolmades, steak Samotharaki, a bottle of red wine, rhubarb-sparkling wine parfait and a double espresso. Absolutely delicious!

Today we're having +1 C. I had a lot of trouble digging my car out of all the wet heavy snow. The weather forecast promises snow and rain and after that it's going to get colder again. At least it's getting lighter even if spring won't be here for a while yet.


I have read a lot, here are some of the books:

  • Ilona Andrews : On the Edge
  • Karen Chance : Death's Mistress
  • "Inked"
  • Laurell K. Hamilton : Flirt
  • Faith Hunter : Blood Cross
  • Caitlin Kittredge : Witch Craft
  • P.N. Elrod : The Vampire Files volume two
  • Agatha Christie : Miss Marple Omnibus 1

I hope you had a good weekend. Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gunilla, lovely pictures. Hold on, the spring will also come to your region. I visited your Etsy shop - wonderful things to buy. You are a really creative person. Have a nice sunday, Inge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I will return your visit (if I haven't visited you already), but please be patient. I might not be able to do so until the weekend. Take care!